- Very fast file hashing
- Multiple algorithms (e.g. CRC32, MD5, SHA1, SHA224-SHA512, …)
- No file size limit
- Compare the hashes to stored ones in container files
- Support for multiple checksum containers (e.g. .sfv, .md5, .sha1, …)
- Drag&drop support for files and containers
- Optional algorithm guessing based on hash length
To install the program follow the listed steps:
- Download the latest release
- Either get the source code version or get the Windows binary
- Decompress the archive to a folder of your choice
- Either run hash_check.py with your Python interpreter (you need PyQt5 installed) or run hash_check.exe
Select the algorithm in the upper right corner. Drag and drop multiple files from your file explorer into the window. Alternatively you may also use the “Add file” button.
The program will begin hashing immediately. You may at any time stop the entire operation, skip the current file, pause and resume the hashing using the appropriate buttons.
Once you read some files you may export that list to a container file. Those container files may also be imported or dropped on the window which will start a scan and comparison at once.
- It is currently not possible to scan whole directories. Multiple files on the same hierarchy are supported though.
- As a result you can not export container files with a folder hierarchy. It is however possible to scan using container files containing a folder/file hierarchy.
- Fixed: creating container files was not possible after the change to PyQt5
- Migrated to Python 3.4 with PyQt5
- First public version. Uses Python 3.2 with PyQt4